Tuesday, February 22, 2011

I want to blog more, but sewing is "sew" much fun!


Today I vow to blog at least twice a week about the "goings on" in my shop. This has been a SUPER exciting few weeks for MeltonYourHeart.

New items these past weeks include several gorgeous knot dresses, girls tops, ruffle pants, and my current favorite, my Sun Romper's. Thanks to the work already done with measurements and pattern pieces by WhimsyCouture at www.whimsycouture.etsy.com, I was able to spend my time tweeking these rompers to my style, and you'll find they are nearly identical to my Sundresses except they're shorts, or pants, or capris depending on preference.

I love my Sundresses because the straps have a secured elastic middle and are constructed from four layers of cotton fabric that matches the dress or romper. What does that mean? Well, for both the romper and the sundress it means the straps are heavy-duty, and they are going to hold up to repeated wear and repeated tying and untying. The elastic in the rompers means your child will easily be able to get this romper on and off by themselves when the straps are tied. For kids still in diapers, the rompers have a snap crotch making changes a cinch!

I have a little boy, and I can tell you, that kiddo is hard on clothing. Through trial and error after years of making clothing for him, I've come to understand how much easier life can be when your little one's clothing is easy to wear, comfortable, and most of all durable.

It's hard to imagine, especially after the snow fall last night, that summer is just around the corner!

No comments:

Post a Comment