Friday, May 6, 2011

Little Grown Up Things


Every now and again I get the urge to sew something for myself. Okay, that's only a half-truth. I get that urge quite often, but typically have to let it pass because I'm focused on bring out new items for the shop. Last week was different. In my other life, I'm a paramedic that needs the a tiny little wallet big enough to hold my assorted licenses, bank card, and a little cash. Something that will fit in my front pocket and isn't to bulky. Something washable. So I went though my fabric shelf that contains the bits that are too big to be scraps yet too small to make clothes, and picked out a few to make a fabric wallet.

Fabric wallets have been around forever, and they can range from fairly complex to cute and simple. I opted for cute and simple. I made myself one and like it so much I made one for my Mom, who also benefits from this type of wallet at her job as a nurse. They are just adorable, and as soon as I posted them on the facebook fan page, I got instant interest.

So, I have these little wallets. They come in any fabric combination I have in stock (and I have a lot of fabric in stock) and close with a plastic resin snap making them durable and cute. They are small enough to put your necessary Mom cards in and chuck into your diaper bag. They can be gift that holds a gift card. These little wallets have so many uses, I can't even think of all of them.

Next week I will be introducing another set of simple wallets that have a clear vinyl pocket for your ID to show that can be worn on a lanyard for work or school. I will also be introducing some other items once I complete the special orders I have pending. I hope to have a special announcement next week as well, I'm just waiting on a phone call before I reveal all the details.

No comments:

Post a Comment